El mié, 15-04-2020 a las 06:39 +0200, Stefan Kangas escribió: > Richard Stallman writes: > > > Perhaps we should implement a mode that puts cosmetics on Emacs > > Is there any reason not to improve the default look? > > > so it will appeal to those who judge by the surface of things. > > I think it's unfortunate if we assume that this is all bells and > whistles. Graphical design elements can also improve usability. > > I also don't know that it's helpful to assume that the rest of the > world will take the enlightened stance. For example, I've always > assumed that many people use Sublime Text not due to any serious > feature comparison with Emacs, but because they like its "sleek > look". > I don't suggest that we should imitate proprietary junk editor , > but we should realize that these things are not wholly unimportant. > > Best regards, > Stefan Kangas > Allow me to interject: how modern does my Emacs looks (see attach)? that is just using some packages available at MELPA (sad, I know; ideally such cosmetic stuff should be available in ELPA and/or be ship with new versions of Emacs and turned on by default).