On 11/21/2014 02:36 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote: > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > >> I'm not sure, but I suspect that `inhibit-quit' is not a complete >> solution to the general problem of determining when we're allowed to >> prompt people from asynchronous code. > > Prompting from asynchronous code is always bad. Agreed. Prompting from asynchronous code always races with C-g: users can type C-g at arbitrary times for arbitrary reasons, and that C-g can accidentally dismiss an asynchronously-displayed prompt.