Thanks for doing that. I fixed all the regular expressions I could easily fix, by installing the attached patch into master. I saw two false alarms, both in lisp/org/org-datetree.el. Both are of the form (re-search-forward (format "[chars%%]+" ...) nil t), in which both '%' characters are needed. Perhaps you could tweak the trawler to not report these? The remaining unfixed issues are all in lisp/mail/footnote.el's footnote-hebrew-numeric-regex, where Eli's expertise would help. I'm attaching these unfixed issues in mail-extr.txt. I assume this was a complete trawl, so that I can ignore the earlier scans you emailed (I got behind in looking into them). If not, please let me know.