On 04/09/2014 05:41 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > Good point. It would call for things like mark-sexp to handle comments > not as white space. But part of the reason is to avoid comment-crossing > and things like that, e.g. with > > x = '('; // That's comment. a b > > If you start from the end of line (and assume a no-string-crossing > behavior), you don't want C-M-u to jump just before the open paren. Good point --- I didn't expect that to happen. Also surprising is that backward-sexp at b jumps to a. I wish we wouldn't do that.