On 03/24/2014 06:25 PM, Stefan wrote: >>>> font-lock-tag-name-face >>>> font-lock-tag-bracket-face >>> These seem very HTML specific, so not really appropriate for >>> font-lock-*-face. >> Lots and lots and lots of things embed some kind of HTML, SGML, or XML >> though. Unifying the faces used for these constructs would be nice. > > I guess it could be OK, then, but I'd like to see examples of existing > faces (ideally in Emacs's bundled packages, but also in external > packages) that could inherit from the above two. Besides nxml-mode and sgml-mode, of course? I should mention php-mode too. (Speaking of which: it'd be really nice to get a php mode into Emacs. It's an extremely popular language.)