On 03/22/2014 02:08 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:57:03 -0700 >> From: Daniel Colascione >> >> It doesn't make sense that we'd fault accessing a stack slot on an >> active frame: doing so might corrupt something later, sure, but that >> stack location is valid and touching it isn't going to cause an >> immediate SIGSEGV. > > Crashes in mark_object usually have nothing to do with accessing a > stack slot per se. mark_object looks at the object type, and then > extracts a pointer to a C structure from it, and proceeds treating > that pointer as a valid pointer to a valid structure of that type. If > pointer it extracts is invalid, or points to something that is not a C > struct of the type mark_object expects, we will segfault trying to > interpret those. > Ah, yes. I was reading the message about the crash occurring "when mark_stack calls mark_memory". mark_object makes a lot more sense. (I read through the rest of the thread, but must have decoded "mark_object" as "mark_memory" based on the earlier message and the most recent message.) Thanks.