* Re: trunk r115830: * eshell.text (What is Eshell?): Add section about what not to use Eshell for.
       [not found] <E1VyeZb-0007lo-Qo@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-02 19:29 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-01-02 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aidan Gauland; +Cc: emacs-devel

Aidan Gauland wrote:

> +user.  It is intended to be an alternative to the @xref{Lisp
> +Interaction, IELM, , elisp, The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual} REPL for
> +Emacs @emph{and} with an interface similar to command shells such as
> +@command{bash}, @command{zsh}, @command{rc}, or @command{4dos}.

./eshell.texi:67: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not `R'.

Also, there is no such node in the elisp manual AFAICS.
Maybe you meant the Emacs manual?

* Re: trunk r115830: * eshell.text (What is Eshell?): Add section about what not to use Eshell for.
@ 2014-01-02 20:20   ` Aidan Gauland
From: Aidan Gauland @ 2014-01-02 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 03/01/14 08:29, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Aidan Gauland wrote:
>
>> +user.  It is intended to be an alternative to the @xref{Lisp
>> +Interaction, IELM, , elisp, The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual} REPL for
>> +Emacs @emph{and} with an interface similar to command shells such as
>> +@command{bash}, @command{zsh}, @command{rc}, or @command{4dos}.
>
> ./eshell.texi:67: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not `R'.
>
> Also, there is no such node in the elisp manual AFAICS.
> Maybe you meant the Emacs manual?

Yes, I did, sorry.  This should be fixed now.

--Aidan

* Re: trunk r115830: * eshell.text (What is Eshell?): Add section about what not to use Eshell for.
@ 2014-01-03  0:23     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-01-03  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aidan Gauland; +Cc: emacs-devel

Aidan Gauland wrote:

>> ./eshell.texi:67: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not `R'.
>>
>> Also, there is no such node in the elisp manual AFAICS.
>> Maybe you meant the Emacs manual?
>
> Yes, I did, sorry.  This should be fixed now.

Only partially, there is still:

./eshell.texi:66: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not `R'.

Also, the 4th argument of the xref is wrong.

* Re: trunk r115830: * eshell.text (What is Eshell?): Add section about what not to use Eshell for.
@ 2014-01-03  1:20       ` Aidan Gauland
From: Aidan Gauland @ 2014-01-03  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 03/01/14 13:23, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Aidan Gauland wrote:
>
>>> ./eshell.texi:67: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not `R'.
>>>
>>> Also, there is no such node in the elisp manual AFAICS.
>>> Maybe you meant the Emacs manual?
>>
>> Yes, I did, sorry.  This should be fixed now.
>
> Only partially, there is still:
>
> ./eshell.texi:66: warning: `.' or `,' must follow @xref, not `R'.

Hmm, that got buried in the make output, then.  I'll review the Texinfo
manual chapter on cross referencing.