On 17 Aug 2008, at 19:57, Michael Olson wrote: > > I recall an emacswiki page describing how to integrate tabbar > with ERC -- it might be good to know whether that page has a similar > workaround, or whether they take a different approach. Found it, but all they do is to run tabbar-local-mode, which overrides `header-line-format' after ERC has been entered, so that's really just a workaround. What ERC could do is to only set `header-line-format' if it isn't already set in the buffer (by another package). This, however, might not be the right solution in all cases. I wouldn't invest much time into this - the "right thing" would be to implement tabbars at the C level. - D