On 12 Jun 2008, at 20:38, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Things like C-n can be changed to actually move to the next line. >> For Aquamacs I have written code that moves to the next (visible) >> line and >> places the cursor as close (horizontally) as possible. This is also >> relevant when using variable-width fonts. I'd be more than happy to >> contribute that. > > I think this would be a good addition. In the longer run, we may even > use such as things as the default movement commands, but for a > start, we > could put it into a minor-mode. I have posted code here: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/90861 ... but did not get any feedback. I'm not going to put in further work (i.e. packaging this as stand- alone minor mode) without getting the general OK to do it this way, especially given that there are probably alternative implementations on the C level. Thanks for your comments