On 3/25/2013 4:56 AM, Dmitry Antipov wrote: > Although C preprocessor can't transform the text too much, it's > still possible to use concatenation to avoid silly typing like: > > DEFUN ("foo", Ffoo, Sfoo, ...) > I really don't mind the way it is now. Adding a subr isn't a particularly common endeavor. > and use: > > DEFUN ("foo", foo, ...) > > instead. The core change is simple, but the obvious rest is ~450K > uncompressed (99.9% was generated by elisp program, BTW). I'd prefer to keep it the old way --- it preserves greppability. The new way involves a lot more magic, and I don't think it buys us much maintainability because changing buildin function names is rare.