From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
To: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
	 emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r374: company: Release 0.6.2
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 05:05:40 +0400	[thread overview]

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>> message:
>>   company: Release 0.6.2
>
>Please include the usual description of changes in your ELPA commit
>messages: there is no ChangeLog file, but the "bzr log" should give the
>same information.

What's the recommended way to automatically pull commit messages from
Git to Bazaar? What if the Git repo has some files that Bazaar doesn't?

At the moment there are two such files: Makefile and NEWS.md, the first
of them doesn't seem right to be included in the package tar, and the
second one doesn't have any license header, AFAIK there's no place to
put it, but I expect that without it, the package won't build.

I'd also like to know if it's a new requirement: I've been "merging"
changes from the upstream js2-mode repo for a while, and most of those
commits also didn't have descriptive messages.