On 12/11/2012 1:01 PM, Dani Moncayo wrote: >>> I only say what I see. Apparently, yesterday it took indeed much >>> longer to start. No idea why. >> >> Have you rebooted in the interim without rebuilding that emacs binary? > > I have rebooted, but this emacs binary is different, since I've > bootstrapped about an hour ago. > Hrm. It's not what I thought, then. With Cygwin, I'm seeing the OS sometimes decide to re-read all Emacs code pages from disk instead of retrieving them from cache, but it only when executing a freshly-dumped Emacs binary.