A couple of minor things I noticed in the recently-installed patch: > const short minargs = function->min_arity; In theory at least the arity might be greater than 32767, so this should be ptrdiff_t. Also, we typically don't use 'const' on locals, as it's not worth the screen real estate -- it should be easy even for a human reader to tell whether a local is assigned to later. (Likewise for 'register'.) While looking into arity range I noticed a couple of other glitches in the neighborhood, and so installed the attached.