On 8/7/2012 11:10 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Doing so looks like a pain because I have a Cygwin build >> environment, not a MinGW one, and Emacs won't build as NT-native >> under cross-compilation from Cygwin. > > Really? It should, though. Doesn't "configure --no-cygwin" work > anymore? If it doesn't, what is the problem that prevents that? > _configure.bat_ --no-cygwin exists, but because I don't use configure.bat, I didn't notice it. I'm building Emacs using the usual autoconf machinery and bash. I'd like to make it possible to cross-compile an NT-native Emacs in the Cygwin environment using the autoconf machinery. By the way: -mno-cygwin hasn't worked for a few years now. The Cygwin people now recommend using a real cross-compiler to compile for MinGW --- e.g., i686-w64-mingw32-gcc. If I had my way, we'd drop configure.bat entirely and always build NT-native Emacs by cross-compiling from Cygwin.