On 8/7/12 10:22 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 01:19:27 -0700 >> From: Daniel Colascione >> >> This set of patches allows a Cygwin Emacs to use the w32 window-system >> instead of X11. (The ability to use X11 with Cygwin is retained.) >> This patchset also fixes a few bugs in the Windows code and makes the >> window-system configuration mechanism more generic, eliminating >> inclusion of window-system specific headers in most of the code. > > Thanks. Just for my information: did you try building the modified > sources with MinGW? Not yet, but definitely before I check in. Doing so looks like a pain because I have a Cygwin build environment, not a MinGW one, and Emacs won't build as NT-native under cross-compilation from Cygwin. (But it'd be nice to make that work.)