* indent-tabs-mode in dir-locals
@ 2009-01-04  0:44 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2009-01-04  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

(A super-urgent subject for the new year...)

I would like to ask for indent-tabs-mode to be removed from
.dir.locals.el. The most recent discussion on this subject I am aware
of said:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg00820.html

  space-vs-tabs-vs-aliens doesn't matter, as long as it's indented to
  the right position. That's my opinion on this matter.

(based on which I untabified the files I maintain)

I had believed the unwritten rule till now was "respect whatever the
file currently uses" (which there should be a setting for; but that's
a wishlist item).