On Thu, 01 Jul 2004, juri@jurta.org wrote: > If you want to add next-error support for more modes, you might consider > etags, dired-do-search, find-grep-dired. I haven't looked at etags, but here's a patch for dired.el that will add next-error support. That will support find-grep-dired, dired-do-search, and all other dired-mode usages. There's two issues: 1) by default, most users will probably not want this next-error support so I added a variable dired-next-error-support that's nil by default. This is my conjecture so I may be wrong. 2) I am not sure of the right way to move negative distances in dired-mode, since not every line is a file. I reuse the dired-goto-next-nontrivial-file function for forward motion and ignore negative distances for now. I could write my own, but was wondering if something already existed for negative motion. Please comment and I hope this can make it in Emacs eventually (it's not ready as it is). I am attaching a context patch. Ted