On 07 Feb 2004, storm@cua.dk wrote: > I haven't thought a lot about it, but I don't understand why you > need that extra allow-with-next-error-function arg to > compilation-buffer-p and compilation-find-buffer. I was trying to draw a distinction between "find a compilation buffer" in compile.el and "find a buffer where next-error will work." I'll leave it without that distinction for now, and I don't think it will make a difference (based on my understanding of the code). > Can you mention the commands where is that behaviour NOT desireable, > and why? I was trying to preserve the *meaning* of compilation-find-buffer, by making it select an Occur buffer only if specifically requested. > For the last four lines, you can just write > > (and allow-with-next-error-function > compilation-next-error-function) > > as you already did a (set-buffer buffer), so there's no reason to > use buffer-local-value here. I originally had that code in replace.el, where I didn't want to rely on the existence of the compilation-next-error-function symbol. My mistake. > You no longer need the occur-last-buffer variable. Done. Attached is latest patch. Thanks for your help. Ted