On Tue, 08 Jun 2004, rms@gnu.org wrote: > So the coming release needs a manual updated for the current > state of the functionality. I am attaching the simple.el and building.texi patches that add the explanations needed for the new state of things. I believe that from the user's viewpoint the building.texi modifications are all that's needed right now, except that maybe the Occur documentation should be modified to indicate it can use next-error. I made a small mention of the next-error functionality. I am attaching a trivial patch of search.texi in addition to the two above. I made other changes based on a note from Juri Linkov and Jason Rumney. Now, next-error and all associated interactive functions don't require an argument. I *think* this gives us the right effect (it did for me) but please test it if you can. If this patch is OK I can add the ChangeLog entries appropriate. Ted