On 2016-11-08 19:55, Noam Postavsky wrote: > [...] Meanwhile, I've pushed the (funcall debugger...) solution to > emacs-25 since that is less of a change vs 25.1 than what's there > currently. Hi Noam and Stefan, Given the current implementation, how does one catch a failed assertion in a condition-case block (when debug-on-error is true)? If there is no easy way, could we add a defvar to make this behavior of cl-assertion-failed (calling the debugger directly) optional? (The broader context is that I'm trying to log all errors produced by an Emacs server that doesn't have a terminal to write to, and I can't easily catch failed assertions.) Thanks! Clément.