On 4/25/11 11:47 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:56:07 -0700 >> From: Daniel Colascione >> I'd like to remove this path in the trunk and see whether the new >> 8192-character length limitation is a problem in practice. > > No, I don't think it's a good idea. 8K is too low by any measure; we > already hit the shell limitations once or twice when related problems > were discussed. All right. > What are the disadvantages of detecting quoted command lines and > sending only those through the shell? Besides complexity, none. I've implemented this approach, making the necessary changes to cmdproxy.c and subr.el, and updated the trunk.