Hi Eli On 2/20/2011 10:28 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > However, this change will only work with MinGW, since it has stdint.h. > To make it work with MSVC, we need to add nt/inc/stdint.h, and make > lib/md5.$(O) depend on it. For MinGW, nt/inc/stdint.h could just say > "#include_next" (conditioned on __GNUC__ being non-zero). > Otherwise, it should include the minimum needed for md5.c to compile. > Paul said a few messages ago that all that's needed for now is this: > > typedef unsigned int uint32_t; > > Could you please commit such a followup change, after you test it (see > below)? If not, I will get to it in due time. See attached patch. > To test this change (assuming you don't have MSVC -- neither do I, > btw), rename MinGW's stdint.h in the MinGW include directory, create > an nt/inc/stdint.h that has just the above 1 line, and then try > building with MinGW. Any compilation error/warning you see probably > means that more stuff needs to be added to nt/inc/stdint.h. I tested it as follows: Renamed MinGWs stdint.h to _stdint.h. Verified mingw32-make fails because it cannot find stdint.h. Changed line "#ifdef __GNUC__" in nt/inc/stdint.h to "#ifndef __GNUC__" to force it to execute #else branch. mingw32-make clean, mingw32-make compiles without errors or warnings. Then, of course I changed the line back to "#ifdef __GNUC__" before creating the patch. :) Christoph