On 01/28/2011 03:36 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:06:21 -0800 >> From: Paul Eggert >> CC: Bruno Haible , bug-gnulib@gnu.org, >> emacs-devel@gnu.org >> >> Gnulib uses #include_next only on compilers that support >> #include_next, and uses plain #include (to an absolute file name) >> otherwise. > > Yes, I saw that. But I don't see how I can use that trick in this > case. Unlike gnulib, which does this for the machine where the > software is built, I need to produce a getopt.h file that will work on > any machine. And since there's no standard place to install system > headers on Windows machines, I don't see what absolute file name I > could possibly use. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you assume that emacs will always be built with gcc on Windows, or are there people that insist on building with a non-free compiler? #include_next is supported by gcc, so the question boils down to one of how many compilers you are trying to support (and whether those other compilers also have either #include_next or something else that functions the same and can still be #ifdef/#Pragma'd into the header). -- Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com +1-801-349-2682 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org