* Re: AUCTeX inclusion
@ 2010-11-17 22:17 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-11-17 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> You say that like it's a hard task.
>
> M-x package-list-packages
> `i' on whatever you want to install, then `x'

Anyway, it is not clear why a package as AUCTeX isn't built-in in Emacs...

Ciao,
Angelo.

* Re: AUCTeX inclusion
@ 2010-11-17 22:26 ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-11-17 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Il 17/11/2010 23.17, Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> You say that like it's a hard task.
>>
>> M-x package-list-packages
>> `i' on whatever you want to install, then `x'
>>

> Anyway, it is not clear why a package as AUCTeX isn't built-in in Emacs...

Oops, if I remember correctly, XEmacs has..

> Ciao,
> Angelo.

* Re: AUCTeX inclusion
@ 2010-11-17 23:50 ` Jay Belanger
From: Jay Belanger @ 2010-11-17 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs; +Cc: jay.p.belanger

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it> writes:
> Anyway, it is not clear why a package as AUCTeX isn't built-in in Emacs...

As I recall, the FSF doesn't have signed copyright papers from all of the
authors.

* Re: AUCTeX inclusion
@ 2010-11-18  2:10   ` Stephen J. Turnbull
From: Stephen J. Turnbull @ 2010-11-18  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Emacs

Angelo Graziosi writes:

 > > Anyway, it is not clear why a package as AUCTeX isn't built-in in Emacs...
 >
 > Oops, if I remember correctly, XEmacs has..

David K. might contest that assessment.

However, the big difference is that XEmacs does not and can not own
most of its own copyrights (the FSF won't give them up :-), and
therefore we don't demand assignments in any case.