* Specify location of emacs.exe for make recompile?
@ 2010-09-25  0:50 Christoph
From: Christoph @ 2010-09-25  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I compile Emacs inplace and don't install, thus there is no emacs.exe in
the bin directory. When running `make recompile' on Windows I get an
error that emacs.exe was not found (in `bin'). I want to say that I read
somewhere that I can pass an argument to `make' or `configure' that
tells `make recompile' to look somewhere else for the executable, e.g.
in `src/oo-spd/i386' but I cannot find the relevant info. Did I remember
this correctly?

Thanks,
Christoph

* Re: Specify location of emacs.exe for make recompile?
@ 2010-09-25  7:01 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-09-25  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:50:18 -0600
> From: Christoph <cschol2112@googlemail.com>
>
> I compile Emacs inplace and don't install, thus there is no emacs.exe in
> the bin directory. When running `make recompile' on Windows I get an
> error that emacs.exe was not found (in `bin'). I want to say that I read
> somewhere that I can pass an argument to `make' or `configure' that
> tells `make recompile' to look somewhere else for the executable, e.g.
> in `src/oo-spd/i386' but I cannot find the relevant info. Did I remember
> this correctly?

Yes.  Like so:

  make recompile EMACS=../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe

* Re: Specify location of emacs.exe for make recompile?
@ 2010-09-25 12:57   ` Christoph
From: Christoph @ 2010-09-25 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 9/25/2010 1:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I compile Emacs inplace and don't install, thus there is no emacs.exe in
>> the bin directory. When running `make recompile' on Windows I get an
>> error that emacs.exe was not found (in `bin'). I want to say that I read
>> somewhere that I can pass an argument to `make' or `configure' that
>> tells `make recompile' to look somewhere else for the executable, e.g.
>> in `src/oo-spd/i386' but I cannot find the relevant info. Did I remember
>> this correctly?
>
> Yes.  Like so:
>
>    make recompile EMACS=../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe

That's it. Thanks Eli.

Christoph