* ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-19 15:34 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-19 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Trying to bootstrap rev.101136 on Cygwin with ImageMagick support,
fails. I flagged this on Cygwin list because I thought that it was an
its problem, but, as this thread [*] shows, perhaps is an Emacs
configuring issue.

Ciao,
Angelo.

---
[*]

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-19 18:10 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2010-08-19 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 8/19/2010 11:34 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Trying to bootstrap rev.101136 on Cygwin with ImageMagick support,
> fails. I flagged this on Cygwin list because I thought that it was an
> its problem, but, as this thread [*] shows, perhaps is an Emacs
> configuring issue.

I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:

   AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if
MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])

Ken

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-19 22:49 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-19 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Ken Brown wrote:
> I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:
>

> AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])

Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.

I noticed only these warnings:

image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
image.c:7670: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’
from incompatible pointer type
image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
image.c:7844: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘GetMagickList’ from
incompatible pointer type

@ 2010-08-19 23:00 ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Il 20/08/2010 0.49, Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
> Ken Brown wrote:
>> I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:
>>

>> AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if
>> MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])
>
> Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.
>
> I noticed only these warnings:
>
> image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
> image.c:7670: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’
> from incompatible pointer type
> image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
> image.c:7844: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘GetMagickList’ from
> incompatible pointer type

These warnings are emitted in any case...

@ 2010-08-20  9:01 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-08-20  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:49:28 +0200
> From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it>
>
> Ken Brown wrote:
> > I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:
> >

> > AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])
>
> Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.

Can you figure out why AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS) causes
trouble in Cygwin?  What version of ImageMagick do you have?

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-20 11:53   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2010-08-20 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

On 8/20/2010 5:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:49:28 +0200
>> From: Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>
>>
>> Ken Brown wrote:
>>> I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:
>>>

>>> AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])
>>
>> Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.
>
> Can you figure out why AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS) causes
> trouble in Cygwin?  What version of ImageMagick do you have?

I don't think this is a Cygwin issue.  I think it's a mistake in
configure.in, but I could be wrong.  (I don't really understand the
syntax of this file.)  The line I quoted seems to unconditionally define
HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, making the next line irrelevant:

   AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE(MagickExportImagePixels)

What happens on Cygwin is that it doesn't have the
MagickExportImagePixels function, and AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE correctly
detects this, but HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS is defined anyway.

Cygwin's ImageMagick is 6.4.0.6, to answer your last question.

Ken

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-20 12:40     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-20 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Brown; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii, emacs-devel@gnu.org

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

> On 8/20/2010 5:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:49:28 +0200
>>> From: Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>

>>> Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.
>>
>> Can you figure out why AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS) causes
>> trouble in Cygwin?  What version of ImageMagick do you have?
>
> I don't think this is a Cygwin issue.  I think it's a mistake in
> configure.in, but I could be wrong.  (I don't really understand the
> syntax of this file.)  The line I quoted seems to unconditionally
> define HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, making the next line irrelevant:
>
>   AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE(MagickExportImagePixels)
>
> What happens on Cygwin is that it doesn't have the
> MagickExportImagePixels function, and AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE correctly
> detects this, but HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS is defined anyway.
>
> Cygwin's ImageMagick is 6.4.0.6, to answer your last question.

This analysis is probably correct. I'll try to check in a fix.

@ 2010-08-20 14:34   ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-20 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Il 20/08/2010 11.01, Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:49:28 +0200
>> From: Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>
>>
>> Ken Brown wrote:
>>> I think the culprit is this line in configure.in:
>>>

>>> AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 1, [Define to 1 if MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])
>>
>> Commenting out it and regenerating 'configure' seems to fix the issue.
>
> Can you figure out why AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS) causes
> trouble in Cygwin?  What version of ImageMagick do you have?

On Cygwin, the current package is ImageMagick-6.4.0.6. I flagged this
issue to Cygwin people, but I got only Ken's observations and some
other... See [*].

I think the problems arise from the fact that the Cygwin binaries do not
support MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, yet. Indeed

grep -iR MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS /usr/include/

is empty!

Ciao,
Angelo.

---
[*]

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-20 22:24   ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-20 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

joakim wrote:
> This analysis is probably correct. I'll try to check in a fix.

Rev. 101149 still fails in the same manner. And these warnings

[...]
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7663:11: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by
default]
/usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/pixel-iterator.h:55:5: note: expected
‘long unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7715:7: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘MagickExportImagePixels’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7835:3: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘GetMagickList’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/ImageMagick/magick/magick.h:87:5: note: expected ‘long
unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
[...]

are not too reassuring...

@ 2010-08-21  6:55     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-21  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: emacs-devel

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it> writes:

> joakim wrote:
>> This analysis is probably correct. I'll try to check in a fix.
>
> Rev. 101149 still fails in the same manner. And these warnings
>
> [...]
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7663:11: warning: passing argument 2 of
> ‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by
> default]
> /usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/pixel-iterator.h:55:5: note: expected
> ‘long unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7715:7: warning: implicit declaration of
> function ‘MagickExportImagePixels’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7835:3: warning: passing argument 2 of
> ‘GetMagickList’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
> /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick/magick.h:87:5: note: expected ‘long
> unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
> [...]
>
> are not too reassuring...

I'll try to set up a cygwin environment here. That will take a while.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-21 11:08       ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2010-08-21 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim@verona.se; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

On 8/21/2010 2:55 AM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:
>
>> joakim wrote:
>>> This analysis is probably correct. I'll try to check in a fix.
>>
>> Rev. 101149 still fails in the same manner. And these warnings
>>
>> [...]
>
> I'll try to set up a cygwin environment here. That will take a while.

The problem is the same as before and is not Cygwin specific.  It will
happen on any system that doesn't have MagickExportImagePixels.  Your
new AC_DEFINE still defines HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS
unconditionally; the only difference is that it's now defined to be 0
instead of 1.  So the conditional '#ifdef HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS'
in src/image.c is always true.  Wouldn't the right fix be to simply
delete the AC_DEFINE?

Ken

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-21 12:40       ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-21 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Ken Brown, joakim

Ken brown wrote:
> So the conditional '#ifdef HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS' in src/image.c is always true. Wouldn't the right fix be to simply delete the AC_DEFINE?

Indeed, as I wrote, commenting it out, fixes the issue.

For what I can understand about AC..., a google search, [*], shows that
AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE defines HAVE_function if 'function' is defined. So,
from my point of view, AC_CHECK_FUNCS_ONCE is enough...

Ciao,
Angelo.

---
[*] http://www.manpagez.com/info/autoconf/autoconf-2.64/autoconf_50.php

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-23 10:00       ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-23 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

Il 21/08/2010 8.55, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:
>
>> joakim wrote:
>>> This analysis is probably correct. I'll try to check in a fix.
>>
>> Rev. 101149 still fails in the same manner. And these warnings
>>
>> [...]
>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7663:11: warning: passing argument 2 of
>> ‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by
>> default]
>> /usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/pixel-iterator.h:55:5: note: expected
>> ‘long unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7715:7: warning: implicit declaration of
>> function ‘MagickExportImagePixels’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7835:3: warning: passing argument 2 of
>> ‘GetMagickList’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
>> /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick/magick.h:87:5: note: expected ‘long
>> unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
>> [...]
>>
>> are not too reassuring...
>
> I'll try to set up a cygwin environment here. That will take a while.

Sorry, but this issue is not Cygwin specific at all: I think you should
setup also a GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04 system, on which there are the
*same* identical problems that occur on Cygwin. On K804 imagemagick is
6.3.7.

@ 2010-08-23 10:51         ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-23 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: emacs-devel

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it> writes:

> Il 21/08/2010 8.55, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
>> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> Rev. 101149 still fails in the same manner. And these warnings
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘imagemagick_load_image’:
>>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7663:11: warning: passing argument 2 of
>>> ‘PixelGetNextIteratorRow’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by
>>> default]
>>> /usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/pixel-iterator.h:55:5: note: expected
>>> ‘long unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
>>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7715:7: warning: implicit declaration of
>>> function ‘MagickExportImagePixels’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c: In function ‘Fimagemagick_types’:
>>> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7835:3: warning: passing argument 2 of
>>> ‘GetMagickList’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
>>> /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick/magick.h:87:5: note: expected ‘long
>>> unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> are not too reassuring...
>>
>> I'll try to set up a cygwin environment here. That will take a while.
>
> Sorry, but this issue is not Cygwin specific at all: I think you
> should setup also a GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04 system, on which there are
> the *same* identical problems that occur on Cygwin. On K804
> imagemagick is 6.3.7.

Ok, I will download a vbox image and set up ubuntu 8.04.

BTW the warnings seem to stem from some api change. I'll figure out some
solution for that also.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-23 11:33           ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-23 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

Il 23/08/2010 12.51, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> I'll try to set up a cygwin environment here. That will take a while.
>>
>> Sorry, but this issue is not Cygwin specific at all: I think you
>> should setup also a GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04 system, on which there are
>> the *same* identical problems that occur on Cygwin. On K804
>> imagemagick is 6.3.7.
>
> Ok, I will download a vbox image and set up ubuntu 8.04.
>
> BTW the warnings seem to stem from some api change. I'll figure out some
> solution for that also.

The main problem is that bootstrap fails because the 'logic' in
configure.in looks wrong in any case, as pointed out by Ken.

If on Kubuntu 10.04 (the last Kubuntu) the bootstrap works, it happens
_ONLY_ because the ImageMagick is more recent and, accidentally, has
MagickExport.. defined.

I would fix this issue before installing other software.

@ 2010-08-23 12:07             ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-23 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: emacs-devel

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it> writes:

> Il 23/08/2010 12.51, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
>> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> Sorry, but this issue is not Cygwin specific at all: I think you
>>> should setup also a GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04 system, on which there are
>>> the *same* identical problems that occur on Cygwin. On K804
>>> imagemagick is 6.3.7.
>>
>> Ok, I will download a vbox image and set up ubuntu 8.04.
>>
>> BTW the warnings seem to stem from some api change. I'll figure out some
>> solution for that also.
>
> The main problem is that bootstrap fails because the 'logic' in
> configure.in looks wrong in any case, as pointed out by Ken.
>
> If on Kubuntu 10.04 (the last Kubuntu) the bootstrap works, it happens
> _ONLY_ because the ImageMagick is more recent and, accidentally, has
> MagickExport.. defined.

Does bootstrap fail even if you dont --enable-imagemagick? That is indeed
more serious. Would you be willing to help me test the imagemagick
branch befor I commit randomly to trunk?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-23 12:16               ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-23 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

Il 23/08/2010 14.07, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> Ok, I will download a vbox image and set up ubuntu 8.04.
>>>
>>> BTW the warnings seem to stem from some api change. I'll figure out some
>>> solution for that also.
>>
>> The main problem is that bootstrap fails because the 'logic' in
>> configure.in looks wrong in any case, as pointed out by Ken.
>>
>> If on Kubuntu 10.04 (the last Kubuntu) the bootstrap works, it happens
>> _ONLY_ because the ImageMagick is more recent and, accidentally, has
>> MagickExport.. defined.
>
> Does bootstrap fail even if you dont --enable-imagemagick?

The bootstrap DOES NOT fail if:

1. imagemagick support is disabled, i.e. if one DOES NOT add
'--with-imagemagick' to configure

2. if 'AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 0, [Define to 1 if
MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])' is removed by configure.in and
configure is regenereated (calling autoconf)

It seems I am repeating my self or you do not read carefully what me and
Ken are writing...

@ 2010-08-23 12:48                 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-23 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: emacs-devel

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it> writes:

> Il 23/08/2010 14.07, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
>> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> The main problem is that bootstrap fails because the 'logic' in
>>> configure.in looks wrong in any case, as pointed out by Ken.
>>>
>>> If on Kubuntu 10.04 (the last Kubuntu) the bootstrap works, it happens
>>> _ONLY_ because the ImageMagick is more recent and, accidentally, has
>>> MagickExport.. defined.
>>
>> Does bootstrap fail even if you dont --enable-imagemagick?
>
> The bootstrap DOES NOT fail if:
>
> 1. imagemagick support is disabled, i.e. if one DOES NOT add
> --with-imagemagick' to configure
>
> 2. if 'AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 0, [Define to 1 if
> MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])' is removed by configure.in and
> configure is regenereated (calling autoconf)

Thanks for this clarification.

> It seems I am repeating my self or you do not read carefully what me
> and Ken are writing...

Sorry, I have only limited powers of comprehension.

Anyway, I have pushed a patch that removes the AC_DEFINE to the
imagemagick branch, and tested it on my development environment. I will
merge this fix to trunk in a  while.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-23 13:46                   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2010-08-23 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim@verona.se; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, Angelo Graziosi

On 8/23/2010 8:48 AM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> Does bootstrap fail even if you dont --enable-imagemagick?
>>
>> The bootstrap DOES NOT fail if:
>>
>> 1. imagemagick support is disabled, i.e. if one DOES NOT add
>> --with-imagemagick' to configure
>>
>> 2. if 'AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 0, [Define to 1 if
>> MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])' is removed by configure.in and
>> configure is regenereated (calling autoconf)
>

> Thanks for this clarification.
>
>> It seems I am repeating my self or you do not read carefully what me
>> and Ken are writing...
>
> Sorry, I have only limited powers of comprehension.
>
> Anyway, I have pushed a patch that removes the AC_DEFINE to the
> imagemagick branch, and tested it on my development environment. I will
> merge this fix to trunk in a  while.

It looks like Andreas has already done this (r 101171).

Ken

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-23 13:56                     ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-23 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Brown; +Cc: Angelo Graziosi, Andreas Schwab, emacs-devel@gnu.org

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

> On 8/23/2010 8:48 AM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
>> Angelo Graziosi<angelo.graziosi@alice.it>  writes:

>>> The bootstrap DOES NOT fail if:
>>>
>>> 1. imagemagick support is disabled, i.e. if one DOES NOT add
>>> --with-imagemagick' to configure
>>>
>>> 2. if 'AC_DEFINE(HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, 0, [Define to 1 if
>>> MagickExportImagePixels is defined.])' is removed by configure.in and
>>> configure is regenereated (calling autoconf)
>>

>> Thanks for this clarification.
>>
>>> It seems I am repeating my self or you do not read carefully what me
>>> and Ken are writing...
>>
>> Sorry, I have only limited powers of comprehension.
>>
>> Anyway, I have pushed a patch that removes the AC_DEFINE to the
>> imagemagick branch, and tested it on my development environment. I will
>> merge this fix to trunk in a  while.
>
> It looks like Andreas has already done this (r 101171).

Yes, I noticed. Thanks Andreas!

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: ImageMagick support on Cygwin
@ 2010-08-23 22:05                       ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-23 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Ken Brown, emacs-devel@gnu.org

Il 23/08/2010 15.56, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:

> Yes, I noticed. Thanks Andreas!

Now that Emacs (rev.101175) builds, say OB, with imagemagick support,
what are the *simple* steps with which we can verify that it works as
expected?

Thanks,

@ 2010-08-24  6:04                         ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2010-08-24  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Ken Brown, emacs-devel@gnu.org

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it> writes:

> Il 23/08/2010 15.56, joakim@verona.se ha scritto:
>>
>> Yes, I noticed. Thanks Andreas!
>
> Now that Emacs (rev.101175) builds, say OB, with imagemagick support,
> what are the *simple* steps with which we can verify that it works as
> expected?

Try this:

M-X ielm RET
(imagemagick-register-types) RET
(imagemagick-types) RET

The last line will show you which formats happen to be enabled in your
particular imagemagick install. Pick a file format not previously
supported by emacs, now open such a file with image-mode.

I usualy test with djvu files, since that was my original
use-case. djvu-files, however, are usualy supported by imagemagick
plugins which require extra install steps.

--
Joakim Verona