On 24/07/10 19:44, David De La Harpe Golden wrote: > AFAIK the use of rebinding (mouse-2, menu-bar) rather than rewriting the > existing functions to which they were bound to honour some additional > customization booleans (as in some earlier iterations of this...) does > make it impossible to use pure customization theme functionality to > encapsulate the changes. > Perhaps reverting the rebinding of mouse-2, but then expanding mouse-yank-at-click to honour a boolean customization mouse-yank-selection-only would be best? This would certainly simplify instructing users on how to switch between the old and new behaviours (and I guess we can expect more tickets in the tracker in that area): it becomes possible to switch the behaviours solely by changing a small set of all-boolean customizations. Thhis also means other bindings to mouse-yank-at-click (such as in the fringes, or done by 3rd party apps or end users) get the behaviour. (*apart from the menu, though maybe users most likely to want the "classic" behaviour are least likely to be heavy menu users)