On 7/5/2010 4:50 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > > Please include a ChangeLog entry. This is especially necessary since > you have whitespace changes, which makes it hard to see what you > actually changed. I actually didn't mean to change the whitespace. It seems python.el uses a mixture of spaces and tabs. It's a pain to reproduce some of the indenting the way it is done in the original file. indent-region changes the indenting even more (moves everything further to the right), but I assume the current indenting is done to keep it within 80 columns. Is a mixture of tabs and spaces allowed? Maybe someone should convert the tabs to spaces. > Also, I keep saying this, but I strongly advise people to post patches > like this to the bug list, since then they are much less likely to get > forgotten / overlooked. I used to forward things there, but have given > up. If you post things here, you basically rely on people keeping > things in their inbox until dealt with. By bug list you mean bug-gnu-emacs? I have attached a revised patch minimizing impact on original code and a changelog entry. Hope this helps clarifying the changes. The callable builtins section is a pain, because of the original formatting. Christoph