On 5/29/10 5:56 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote: > Before I go fix the loop macro, is there a _reason_ for the nconc silliness? Err, never mind. LOOP has to work that way. An 'into' variable is visible; code that LOOP knows nothing about can modify it in arbitrary ways, which would invalidate any cached tail pointer, ruling out that approach. Also, code that inspects the variable should see a representation "as it should be", which rules out a temporarily-reversed representation, ruling out the push and nconc used in the anonymous-variable case. I don't see any way to do better than what LOOP does now without some kind of code-walker. I still want to fix the anonymous-variable case to use a tail pointer though. Sorry for the noise.