From: David De La Harpe Golden <david@harpegolden.net>
To: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
Cc: Presto Ten <presto08@me.com>, Emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Add "lisp/term/screen-256color.el" for GNU Screen's 256 color mode?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:46:53 +0000	[thread overview]

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Having a function terminal-init-screen in file screen-256color.el
> doesn't make sense.  The function probably needs to be renamed to
> terminal-init-screen-256color.  OTOH the file could probably be named
> just term/screen.el

The matching algo documented in term/README  means that in the
TERM=screen-256color case, if there's no screen-256color.el, emacs falls
back to screen.el  ?

In that case, having the file called called screen.el and that function
terminal-init-screen makes a lot of sense since the code Trent posted
anyway reuses the bits of term/xterm.el which are intended to do the
right thing for xterm vs. xterm-256color when xterm-256color falls back
to xterm.el

=> So if that terminal-init-screen is used, calling it that and putting
it in term/screen.el is for the best as far as I can see.