* Rmail, IMAP and movemail.mailutils
@ 2008-08-19  0:36 Paul Michael Reilly
From: Paul Michael Reilly @ 2008-08-19  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I suspect there is a sordid history here but Google is not revealing it.
  I want to access my IMAP server to process my mail and according to
the documentation for Emacs movemail, it only handles POP whereas Gnu
Mailutils has a version of movemail that does handle IMAP.  Now why
would we not want to provide IMAP access for Rmail out of the box?  I
certainly do.  Is there some history here I should be aware of?  I'm
inclined to figure out what is necessary to add to Emacs movemail so
that it can fetch IMAP mail.  I do realize that adding IMAP support to
Rmail is more complex than the initial fetch, but it certainly is a good
place to start.  No?

-pmr

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-08-19  0:36 UTC | newest]