* Display the cjk ext b characters using precompiled Emacs-23-CvsP080630-EmacsW32-1.58.
@ 2008-07-25 10:54 hongyi.zhao
From: hongyi.zhao @ 2008-07-25 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear Kenichi,

I'v downloaded the precompiled Emacs-23-CvsP080630-EmacsW32-1.58 from the following url:  (thanks to Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> for telling me this site)
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html

Now, I want to use this version to display the cjk ext b characters under microsoft windows xp.  I remembered that you've given me the following directions for that thing under debian gun/linux:

--------------
;; Display the Unicode-SIP:
(if (display-graphic-p)
(set-fontset-font
 (frame-parameter nil 'font)
 '(#x20000 . #x2fa1d)
 '("*-Sun-ExtB" . "unicode-sip")))

;; Display the Unicode-BMP:
(if (display-graphic-p)
(set-fontset-font
(frame-parameter nil 'font)
   '(#x0000 . #xffff)
   '("*-Sun-ExtA" . "unicode-bmp")))
--------------

I've tried to use the above setting to do that thing, but failed.

Sincerely yours,
--------------
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Science
2008-07-25

* Re: Display the cjk ext b characters using precompiled Emacs-23-CvsP080630-EmacsW32-1.58.
@ 2008-07-25 11:36 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2008-07-25 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hongyi.zhao; +Cc: emacs-devel

hongyi.zhao wrote:
> Dear Kenichi,
>
> I'v downloaded the precompiled Emacs-23-CvsP080630-EmacsW32-1.58 from
> the following url:  (thanks to Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> for
> telling me this site) http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html
>
> Now, I want to use this version to display the cjk ext b characters
> under microsoft windows xp.

I've just now added surrogate pair support to the Windows font backends
where we need to send such characters to Windows API functions that take
UTF-16 encoded strings. On the version above, display of characters
outside the BMP is not supported by either Windows font backend.