* Add a function to test for invisible characters?
@ 2008-06-23 15:33 Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-06-23 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

I asked some time ago if a function to test if a character is invisible.
I think nothing has been done to this, or am I mistaken?

I think some code in Emacs currently gets this wrong. Do for example
reveal get this right?

Below is such a function that I use and that I think follow the
specifications for this. Should not something like this be in Emacs?

(defun tabkey2-invisible-p (pos)
   "Return non-nil if the character after POS is currently invisible."
   (let ((prop (get-char-property pos 'invisible)))
     (if (eq buffer-invisibility-spec t)
         prop
       (if (listp prop)
           (catch 'invis
             (dolist (p prop)
               (when (or (memq p buffer-invisibility-spec)
                         (assq p buffer-invisibility-spec))
                 (throw 'invis t))))
         (or (memq prop buffer-invisibility-spec)
             (assq prop buffer-invisibility-spec))))))