Stefan Monnier wrote: >> If there are very long lines it is easier to use the original >> commands. Also, I think sometimes you have the logic of buffer lines >> in your head. > > I.e. you're not accustomed to the new commands. I'm not convinced we > need both sets of commands in the same buffer at the same time. Ok, I am not sure either. I took Miles idea (as I understand it) instead and made this a globalized minor mode. I have attached the original code + David's code in one file for convenience. I added new functions for and keys. Those functions also contains a proposal I made long ago, but which was never installed then. David, there is also a small change to end-of-visual-line. Can you check it, please? I do not understand your comment in that function.