Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Thanks mike, that made it clear that this problem is over my >> head. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. I am sending this on >> Emacs devel where I am sure there a people who understand this better >> than me. > > The file uses non-ascii chars without specifying which encoding is used, > so the result depends on the user's environment. Thanks Stefan. Mike, could you please try the attached file where I believe I have specified the coding correctly? -- Would it be good to specify coding systems in all elisp files?