Stefan Monnier wrote: >> When you switch from workspace A to workspace B, does your current >> window configuration get recorded as workspace A? >> That is an important aspect of Eclipse perspectives. > > Indeed. Try out my naive attempt at it (see attached) immediately bumps > into a significant problem: window-configurations are frame-specific, so > I can't create a winconf "test1" in a frame and then use it in > another frame. > >> needs to be possible to get all the right behavior. For instance, we >> want GUD to be able to take advantage of this, with a predefined "gud" >> perspective. This predefined "gud" perspective should have a window > > This is another problem: window-configurations can't be saved&loaded. > I.e. the tool we need is not `window-configuration' but some > other object. We can construct it all in Elisp from window-tree, but > someone needs to write the code. When we last talked about that I wrote the attached file. I have not looked at it or used it for a while so I am not sure if everything works right now.