Miles Bader wrote: > Stefan Monnier writes: > >> I could imagine introducing tabs as a new concept between windows >> and frames. So the behavior of display-buffer could be configured to >> either use the current window, or pop a new window, or pop a new tab or >> pop a new frame. >> > > Hmm, do we want the tab-bar to be per-frame, or per-emacs-window? > As a user --- my thought is that a "tab" should contain a frame. i.e., it's kind of filling in for a gap left by crappy X11 window managers. Coordination with the GNU desktop project here might help. -t > For "switching buffer" use of tabs, per-emacs-window seems like it might > be more useful, though obviously eating more screen real-estate. > [With such a setup, it would be useful to have "non-tabbed" and "tabbed" > emacs windows though I don't know how that UI would work...] > > -Miles > >