From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
To: "Ismail Dönmez" <ismail@pardus.org.tr>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: rng-auto.el seems to be missing from nxml-mode files
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:59:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Ismail Dönmez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Now that finally emacs CVS merged nxml-mode support I went out to try it. But
> to my surprise rng-auto.el file is not included in lisp/nxml directory. This
> file is part of the original nxml distribution and needed for auto-validation
> of XML files via RELAX-NG.
>
> Is there a reason why this file is not included? Because without that file
> most powerful feature of nxml-mode is missing.

Hi Ismail,

Ah, yes, I tested some days ago and wondered what was wrong. I do not
know if it is good to split rng-auto.el, but here are some notes:

- The autoload has been moved somewhere else.

- Some variables are set in rgn-auto. Maybe these just can be moved to
the defvars?

   (setq rng-preferred-prefix-alist-default ...)
   (setq rng-schema-loader-alist '(("rnc" . rng-c-load-schema)))

- There are some add-hook calls, maybe they can be moved to
nxml-mode.el? (The first one of these starts validation.):

   (add-hook 'nxml-mode-hook 'rng-nxml-mode-init)
   (add-hook 'nxml-mode-hook 'nxml-enable-unicode-char-name-sets)

- I have no idea what to do with the auto-coding stuff. Does not that
have to be loaded before nxml-mode is loaded since it is used when
reading files?

   (require 'nxml-enc)
   ;; Install our own `set-auto-coding-function'.
   (nxml-start-auto-coding)