I'm a big fan of automated testing/unit testing. However, it seems that there is no widely-used testing framework for Emacs Lisp yet. I've tried various packages (regress.el, elunit.el, elk-test.el, XEmacs' test-harness.el, the code in slime.el, and cc-mode's tests), but they're all either too simplistic, very specialized, or not very Lispy. Here's the code that I use at the moment. It requires Emacs 22. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Something like this really ought to be added to Emacs. Christian.