Richard Stallman wrote: > You have the right idea. I have tried to finish the code too now ;-) Please see the attached files. Beside a more complete widget type for colors I have also included some basic functions for testing custom types. I believe these could be useful. I have tried to make them as clean and simple as they can be at the moment. However I am unsure about how to call the :match and :validate functions. I might very well be missing something concerning the conversion from and to external values. BTW when I have been looking at this I have had a hard time to understand why there are both :match and :validate functions. I also do not understand the paramters they take. Why do the :match function have a widget parameter? Does it have something to do with external - internal conversion, or?