I've been building the latest from CVS for a few months now. Everytime I try to run my local build, I have to stop because I can't stand the sluggish refresh. There appears to be something very wrong, but there's been very little chatter about it lately. I wonder if there's any status? On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Kyle M. Lee wrote: > > > 2008/7/23 Kevin Yu : > >> Hi, All >> The performance issue of new backend on w32 has been talked a lot on >> this list. If you hold down the "C-n", you will see half of the window is >> blank when the cursor goes over the bottom line of window. >> > > This is a known issue. I care about this too. Though I closed my eyes to > take a break when I pressed C-n . :-) > > >> I have tried it on a big file with 20000 lines. It lags much more in a >> big file than a small file (about 2000 lines). So the file size will >> affected redisplay time? >> I wish it'll help you guys to improve the performance on w32. >> > >