Smith wrote: > Although I have not been bit by it yet, I might need to add in /gsa/ as well > for the gsa file system. Stefan Monnier wrote: > In the mean time I've added /.../ to the vc-ignored-dir regexp as suggested. > I didn't add the /gsa/ one because I've never heard of the gsa filesystem > and Google didn't seem to have heard of it either. GSA doesn't represent a filesystem; it refers to IBM's "Global Storage Architecture", which to the best of my knowledge only exists inside IBM. It provides network-accessible storage for IBM employees, available via various protocols, and generally kept on servers close to the employee's location in network topology. IBMers often mount it on /gsa . Some use /gsa to refer to the entire hierarchy, with paths like /gsa/server/path, and some use /gsa to refer to their home server or home directory, with paths like /gsa/path; in the latter case, VC *should* search /gsa. I don't think vc-ignored-dir should include paths based on IBM-internal services and conventions, particularly when those conventions vary. :) Hope that helps, Josh Triplett