Hi Kim, I have made quite a few changes since I last sent this to you. Richard proposed different wordings and some rework which I have done. Currently I think that Richard is satisfied with the patch. Michael has said it is ok for Viper. (But I have made some changes after that. However I asked about his opinion about the idea of telling about some of the more important clashes with Viper and I think he thought that was good.) I have attached the version which I sent last time to Richard (with just the small change in wording that Kim proposed below). The new version lives in a file of its own, tutorial.el. I am sorry for the confusion that it raises that you did not get this version before. I somehow thought you were not interested since I did not hear from you. Kim F. Storm wrote: > I don't see any problem with the things you have written about > cua-mode as such. > > However, the statement "you have enabled cua-mode" may very > well be false (if someone is able to enable cua-mode, they > are likely to be past tutorial state). So maybe the text > should be "cua-mode is enabled". > I have changed it. > I tried to enter the tutorial after enabling viper-mode, > but I didn't see any information about VIPER in the help > buffer... so I don't know how to activate the stuff about > vi in your patch... > I have made that explicit now. > > In any case, I think that emacs should simply reject to run the > tutorial if VIPER is enabled (or turn it off in the tutorial and NOT > give the option to enable it in the tutorial). > Viper is not enabled in the tutorial buffer by default. However I now offer the possibility to enable it so that the user can see the more important key clashes. I think this is good for Viper users. Users who does not use Viper is not affected by this at all. > BTW, the patch mixes two sets of changes ... for the key binding > stuff and for running multiple tutorials at the same time. > > The latter part should IMO, never be installed -- it is just > too obscure for normal users! > There are some more changes too. Can you please tell me what is wrong with beeing able to run a tutorial in for example German and another in English? Is that really obscure? (Please look at the version I attach here.)