* Getting help for a widget
@ 2006-03-31 12:07 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-03-31 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think it is too difficult to get help for a widget. As an example try
`recent-open-files'. This will create a buffer where each file is shown
with a widget. If you press

    C-h k

on a file you get help for `widget-button-press'. But what does the
button do? Do find out this you have to know there is an interactive
function you can use:

    M-x widget-browse-at

I would suggest for now that `widget-button-press' mentions this. Maybe
it is also simple enough to make the :action in the *Browse Widget*
buffer a help-link?

After the release I would suggest that help for widgets are enhanced.