On 8/30/2022 9:51 AM, Jim Porter wrote: > On 8/29/2022 8:18 PM, Jim Porter wrote: >> Merged as f9250c5ebc1730bf3bed4382549433f52f7ef9ca. Hopefully this >> fixes EMBA; if there are any further issues anyone encounters, just >> let me know. > > Apparently it doesn't. I've confirmed again locally that my patch does > fix *an* issue with 'eshell-pipe-broken', but I guess it's not the same > issue as what's on EMBA. I'll see if I can fix EMBA for real, or failing > that, we can disable the tests again. Ok, it looks like this is now failing only for native-comp builds. I think the patch I pushed *does* fix the bug, but the regression tests need a bit of extra help for native-comp builds. The attached diff should make it easier for others to see what's going on: with "slow-echo", Eshell will always print output after the "sh" subprocess has finished, triggering the bug. Then, we need to set 'debug-on-error' to nil in order to fix this for real. That's because Eshell uses 'condition-case-unless-debug' inside 'eshell-condition-case'. If anyone would like to test this out locally, just try out the diff with native-comp on or off and with/without the 'debug-on-error' overrides. However, I'm a bit concerned that there's another, more-general bug here. Why would native-comp and non-native-comp differ here? I think native-comp is doing the right thing, but maybe not... does anyone have any ideas here? In any case, assuming there are no objections, I'll merge a patch that just sets 'debug-on-error' to nil in the appropriate spots in esh-proc-tests.el in the next day or so. That should fix EMBA.