Stefan Monnier wrote: > And yes, the text is pretty long. Suince the old Gtk dialog is on the way > >out, I'd rather not advertise it, and instead try and make the new dialog >more usable. I think the only important info from this text is the >C-l thingy. Could we even do away with it by making the text >input area appear unconditionally? > As the text input area is a separate dialog that would be confusing. And irritating if you don't want the text inout area. Richard M. Stallman wrote: >It looks better than I expected. I recommend changing the message to this: > > >Type C-l to display a file name text entry box. > >If you don't like this file selector, customize >use-file-dialog to turn it off, or type C-x C-f to visit files. > > I've changed it to the above. Jan D.