Richard M. Stallman wrote: >I don't think that belongs in this node. These things should be >documented elsewhere. What is needed here is a brief statement that >key lookup is separate from key input, with mention of >read-key-sequence, and an xref. > > I have made a much shorter version. > The keymap entry could also be a keymap. In that case the next event > is looked up in that keymap. > > (@strong{But what happens if there is no hit there, I can not find any > documentation on this???}) > >The question is not clear. "No hit there"--where is "there"? > > It was just a silly misunderstanding of me. I have removed it. > @noindent > @strong{Remark 2:} Characters that are bound to > @code{self-insert-command} are translated according to > @code{translation-table-for-input} before insertion. > >How self-insert-command works is not part of this topic. >It might be desirable to add this info somewhere else, >but here it does not belong. > > I think a link to the place wher translation-table-for-input is explained would be good. BTW it would be easier to understand the purpose of this variable if it was named translation-table-for-insert. Is not that what it is? I kept the remark in the code but think it should be replaced with that link. > @noindent > @strong{Remark 3:} You may find the function > @code{current-active-maps} useful when looking into this. > >Such vagueness is unhelpful. Please say what the function does. >Then add an xref to it. > I have rewritten it but I do not know how to make an xref to it. I pretty much like the version I have attached now.