Richard M. Stallman wrote: >If we want to write it in pseudo-Lisp, this is much >more Lisp-like yet with much less nesting. > > (or (FIND-IN special-event-map) > (if overriding-terminal-local-map > (FIND-IN overriding-terminal-local-map) > (if overriding-local-map > (FIND-IN overriding-local-map) > (or (FIND-IN (KEYMAP-PROPERTY-AT-POINT)) > (FIND-IN-ANY EMULATION-MODE-MAP-ALISTS) > (FIND-IN-ANY minor-mode-overriding-map-alist) > (FIND-IN-ANY minor-mode-map-alist) > (FIND-IN (LOCAL-MAP-PROPERTY-AT-POINT)) > (FIND-IN (current-local-map))))) > (FIND-IN (current-global-map))) > > > I have taken your and StefanĀ“s suggestions and merged it with what I had previously. It looks better than I expected. I have in this case left out the examples that Kim wanted because I think they will clutter the pseudo-Lisp structure. Maybe these examples fit better in the longer descriptions of the functions and variables in Info? We have slightly different ideas of what this subnode should be for. I believe it serves its main purpose of finding the keymap with a little bit broader picture so I have written a suggestion along that line. I renamed the header to "Finding the keymap and its entry to use" to reflect this a bit. I have attached a the new version. Please try to answer the two questions in there that I do not know the answer of myself!