Richard M. Stallman wrote: > Go through the list below step by step. As soon as a hit is found in > any keymap (see KeyLookup) you normally are ready. > >Saying "you" is a peculiar way to word it--it is Enacs that does these >things. Could you rewrite this in terms of what Emacs does? > >Also, could you (or someone) turn it into Texinfo? > > I have attached a new version. This is in Texinfo format and written to be placed at the bottom of @node Active Keymaps in keymaps.texi. *** Some questions: - Could someone please tell what is happening when key lookup finds a keymap entry? If no hit is found in the new keymap which keymap is then the next? - Maybe the node should have an entry in the index? - I do not understand why @emph{TERM} gives a result looking like _TERM_ after running "make info". It is instead converted to underlined blue text when I test with texinfo-format-region. (This is on w32. A difference might be that texinfo-format-region is using Cygwins makeinfo and "make info" is using makeinfo from GnuWin32. Both are version 4.8.) - How is fill supposed to work? It seems like the texinfo makeup is not excluded so to say when doing a fill-paragraph. Or am I mistaken?