Richard M. Stallman wrote: >I don't want to make these changes, for the following reasons: > > ! * Saving Customizations:: How to save customizations in a different file. > ! And why they can not be saved when emacs was > ! invoked with -Q. > >Menu items should not be that detailed--it is clumsy. > > Ok, I have removed removed "And why ..." > + @node Searching for Options > + @subsection Searching for Options > + > + You can search for customization options and groups by name using > + regular expressions. The search functions are available in the menus > + under Options - Customize Emacs. See also the function > + customize-apropos in (@pxref{Specific Customization}). > >Such small nodes are wasteful and undesirable. > > I do not understand why they are wasteful, but I have added some more information which I believe is useful. > @item M-x customize-apropos @key{RET} @var{regexp} @key{RET} > Set up a customization buffer with all the variables, faces and groups > ! that match @var{regexp}. There are also more specific functions: > ! customize-apropos-options, customize-apropos-faces and > ! customize-apropos-groups. > >In a table which is structured as one command per item, >it is inconsistent to mention other commands in the same item. > > I removed customize-apropos-* here. I have attached a new patch. >I do not see why it is worth documenting customize-apropos-options, >etc. customize-apropos seems to be good enough. > > Maybe customize-apropos should prompt for searching just options, faces or groups?